This course is designed to provide landscape architects with continuing education
credits for occupational license renewal. Sustainable or universal design will become increasingly important to human comfort and survival on earth. It is important to identify the causes of ecosystem and ecosystem disruption by existing human practices.
The course identifies sources of ecosystem disruption by human development. It will
be a challenge to create the changes necessary and implement regenerative design into conventional human activities. By understanding the cyclic regenerative process of natural ecosystems we can emulate efficient and effective changes very quickly. However, major changes in energy policies may become mandatory.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
* Realize the problems associated with human overpopulation.
* Understand the “Greenhouse Effect.”
* Comprehend the consequences of global warming.
* Recognize the degradation of ecosystem services.
* Understand why natural ecosystems are perpetual.
* Examine different types of ecosystems.
* Identify the processes of regeneration.
* Comprehend how human survival is dependent upon natural ecosystems.
* Realize that human development must be designed based upon the regenerative
processes of natural ecosystems
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2019 All rights reserved.