Lands Design is a landscaping software with BIM technology which works as plug-in for AutoCAD and for Rhino.
The workshop follows the design process with Lands Design including Drawing tools, Terrain modeling tools, hardscape tools, vegetation tools, visualization tools, and documentation tools.
The main topics are:
- Terrain modeling tools: how to generate terrain from point clouds, 3D curves, or import them from the cloud.
- Vegetation: How to integrate plant species in landscape projects with no limits of shape and design. The plant database includes more than 2000 species, each one with several representation modes in 3D and 2D, ready for rendering, exporting plans and season and growth simulation.
-2D Documentation tools for generating setting out plans, zones, quantity take-offs and add custom data to landscape elements.
- Modeling tools: hardscape, block library, etc.
- Animation tools
Technology / CADD / GIS
Health, Safety and Welfare
Main objective: Learn the process of develop a full landscape project from 2D to 3D and documentation
• Learn 3D Modeling tools in Lands Design including vegetation and hardscape tools
• Learn basic commands of creating terrain
• Gain insight into the available Visualization tools
• Understand BIM process and Documentation in Lands Design
Elham Ghabouli, PhD.; Francesc Salla, Architect.