Swings in a 21st Century Playground
Swings take a lot of space in a playground design. Are they worth it? Swings stimulate a child's sensory system and help with brain development. In this workshop, we will discuss the child development benefits to swinging. We will also explore the many different types of swings that are now available, looking at the advantages of each one.
Parks & Recreation
Health, Safety and Welfare
At the end of the course a participate will be able to:
1. Discuss how swinging can stimulate the sensory system and help with brain development
2. Explore how children use gross motor skills, fine motor skills, and motor planning when using swings
3. Explain the social benefits of having swings on the playground
4. Identify the different types of swings available and the advantages of each type
5. Explore how a combination of swings can promote inclusion.
Ian Proud, Mara Kaplan
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2021 All rights reserved.