Outdoor Fitness – An Urban Trend to Improve Health & Wellness of Residents
Employees of WRT Design
An in-depth examination of Outdoor Fitness installations in urban communities and the impact they have on the health & wellness of the residents in those communities. Using case studies and empirical research, presenters will show how a well-designed outdoor fitness area in an optimal location can have an immediate and positive impact on the urban residents who use the area.
A number of different design features will be considered in order to maximize the number of users, provide different types of training, exercise different muscles group, and help assure the overall success of urban outdoor fitness installations.
Urban Planning & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
After the program, attendees will be able to:
• Select the optimal location for an urban outdoor fitness site
• Identify the different types of outdoor fitness training and the user groups they target
• Understand the difference among static, dynamic, resistance, and weight-bearing outdoor fitness equipment
• Select outdoor fitness equipment in order to design a complete outdoor fitness area for all types of users
• Arrange outdoor fitness equipment in a design to maximize usage and effectiveness
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.