Introduction to Rooftop Urban Agriculture
No Prerequisite Required
This course discusses multiple approaches to growing food on rooftops through design and maintenance principles, and case studies drawn from across North America.
New York City
Agriculture / Local Food Production
Health, Safety and Welfare
• The diversity of physical applications of urban agriculture and the growing technologies that apply
• The social, environmental and economic benefits of urban agriculture and rooftop farming
• The governance, personnel and economic options for implementing urban agriculture and rooftop farming systems and operations
• The conditions that lead to a successful urban agriculture project
• Strategies for overcoming common challenges associated with developing an urban agriculture/rooftop farming project
• Basic installation and maintenance principles
Arlene Throness, Urban Farm Manager, Ryerson University
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.