Closed registration to particular firms. To schedule a presentation for your firm contact Landscape Forms.
Advances in LED efficacy, longevity, and color rendering have made LED lighting a viable solution for outdoor environments. The unwanted side effects of traditional lighting: wasted energy, high maintenance costs, and the negative visual and environmental impacts of over-illumination, are driving the adoption of LED’s. This session covers cutting edge information about natural human interaction with color, contrast, and glare that serves to enhance the visual experience while protecting the environment. Experts in the field will present concepts such as BUG ratings and LEED requirements, the impact of Glare in creating safe outdoor spaces and how Uniformity affects the ability to detect objects. Participants will leave fully armed to evaluate LED lighting options for future projects.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
The participant will learn the following:
1. The definition of LED and why LEDs are a good choice for site furnishings
2. The adverse effects of using lighting that mimics daylight in regard to health and safety
3. The definition of the BUG rating and why it’s important to human heath and safety
4. Why luminaire design and thermal management are so important in LED lighting design
5. Why the ability of a luminaire to render color is important to the visual experience
Melissa Henao-Robledo 46