Biomechanical testing of impact attenuation in sport movements on synthetic turf with shock pad
Landscapes architects design for both natural and artificial playing surfaces. This lecture focuses on how the surface decision affects the student athlete from a health and safety perspective.
Accessibility / ADA
Health, Safety and Welfare
• Testing on synthetic turf and shock pad should include testing on human subjects with movements mimicking sport performance.
• Synthetic turf with shock pad seems to provide improved protection to lower limbs of human body when comparing synthetic turf itself.
• The musculoskeletal system of human body makes adjustments to adapt and attenuate impact loading due to changes in surface and shoe conditions, in sports movements.
• Importance of sports turf management including facts regarding athlete injuries
• Natural and synthetic turf comparisons for – what you need to know
Dr. John Sorochan, PhD and Distinguished Professor at the University of Tennessee and Director for the UT Center for Athletic Field Safety and Dr. Songning Zhang, PhD and Professor of Biomechanics and Director of the Biomechanics/Sports Medicine Lab at th
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.