Protecting Your Investment: Proper Techniques for Turf Removal Over Shock Pads
With the previous increase of synthetic fields being installed in the past 10 years, we now have an increase in turf replacement projects. This session will discuss the market share in the US, methods for removing old synthetic turf, as well as considering the environmental impacts of disposal.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
• Identify the overall size of the synthetic turf market (sports and rec) in the US and estimates for the number of annual field removals over the next five years
• Calculate the amount of material disposition associated with these reclaimed fields and associated environmental considerations
• Review the most common methods employed for removing synthetic turf fields and compare their relative impact on site integrity
• Discuss end-of-life strategies for the main field components: turf, infill, shock pad
• Review emerging technologies that support component recycling
Mark Heinlein - Director of Research and New Product Development at The Motz Corporation
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.