Introduction to Rooftop Urban Agriculture
This course discusses multiple approaches to growing food on rooftops through design and maintenance principles, and case studies drawn from across North America.
Agriculture / Local Food Production
Health, Safety and Welfare
- Learn about the diversity of physical applications of urban agriculture and the growing technologies that apply.
- Learn about the social, environmental and economic benefits of urban agriculture and rooftop farming.
- Learn about the governance, personnel and economic options for implementing urban agriculture and rooftop farming systems and operations.
- Learn about the conditions that lead to a successful urban agriculture project.
- Be equipped with strategies for overcoming common challenges associated with developing an urban agriculture/rooftop farming project.
- Learn basic installation and maintenance principles.
ArleneThroness, Urban Farm Manager, Ryerson Rooftop Urban Farm
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.