With increased interest in high-performance buildings, sustainable building products, and low-impact development in North America, green roofs have become a popular roofing option. Attendees of this presentation will learn the economic and social benefits of a green roof, system types and how they are integrated with the building envelope, and why waterproofing and proper maintenance are two of the most important aspects of a green roof.
Horticulture / Plants
Sustainable Development & Design
Water / Stormwater Management
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Understand benefits of green roofs.
2. Types of waterproofing and warranty considerations
3. Identify different types of green roof systems, their build-ups, and functions
4. Understand installation and maintenance requirements for green roofs
5. Understand design considerations, including commonly misrepresented design details
Brendan Shea or Mark Winterer or Robin King or Tony Sanchez
Recover Green Roofs