This webinar is open to all. Landscape Architects are welcome to register at a discounted rate using the following code: DPDISCOUNT
This presentation covers geosynthetic types, polymers, functions and common terms used in hardscape construction applications. The focus is on interlocking concrete pavers, but other hardscape applications like segmental retaining walls and articulating concrete blocks are included. Illustrated are installation practices and pitfalls to avoid in the field, with emphasis placed on selecting geotextiles and geogrids specific to project and soil types.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Identify the different classes of geosynthetic materials and specifically geotextiles, geogrids and geomembranes.
2. Identify the different classes of Geotextiles by manufacturing type, i.e. woven slit tape, woven multifilament, non-woven.
3. Identify the typical properties and functions of different classes of geosynthetics i.e. separation, drainage, reinforcement, etc.
4. Differentiate Geosynthetic materials and recognize their unique properties and the unlikelihood that two different materials could be considered equivalent.
5. Utilize and install Geosynthetics according their recommended installation procedures.
Robert Bowers, David Smith and other approved speakers
Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute