ASLA online learning opportunities are open to all. ASLA members may purchase this presentation at a reduced rate.
This session will explore how technology influences and is influenced by practitioners, educators, students, and software developers. We will have a moderated round-table discussion bringing together professional practice, education, and digital technology. This session will focus on the practical application of off-the-shelf software to achieving production in the workplace.
Technology / CADD / GIS
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Identify the software, platforms, and processes that are being taught to landscape architecture students
2. Understand the requests that students are making for technology use
3. Recognize how professional practice influences the technology curriculum, and the expectations of hiring firms
4. Explain how the educational curriculum affects professional practice
5. Become aware of how practitioners contribute to the development of software
6. Identify new technologies that impact our products, workflows, and staff
7. Become aware of how technology companies are working with educators to promote their products
Eric Gilbey, ASLA; Leehu Loon, ASLA; Matthew Wilkins, Associate ASLA
American Society of Landscape Architects