Design Integration, Testing, and Failure Analysis
This is an invitation only course. Please visit the course registration URL to contact us regarding attendance.
Case studies include testing and measurement of in-grade lens temperature (a common liability issue) as well as available options to mitigate the issue. Experiment to determine traction control for in-grade surfaces (slip and fall is another common liability issue) is also conducted. Attendees perform failure analysis determining the weaknesses of fixture mounting knuckles to understand serviceability.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Witness the disadvantages of etched or sand blasted traction control patterns on in-grade fixtures.
2. Understand and experience acceptable levels of lens temperatures.
3. Observe structural failure-level forces required to warrant fixture repair or replacement in the field.
4. Understand that long term economic and environmental sustainability begins with sound design integration and scalability.
5. Investigation into in-grade installations of various suppliers with special emphasis on safe tactile temperature endurance limits and non-slip surfaces of in-grade luminaries. Best practices are examined for pedestrian walk-over applications.
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.