Vegetated Bank and Shoreline Stabilization Utilizing Native Plants
Vegetated bank and shoreline stabilization within the riparian corridor poses many challenges. What are some methods that work? What time of year can these methods be employed? This presentation will present case studies including site analysis, budget preparation, design details, installation challenges, and 15 years of post-construction monitoring.
Horticulture / Plants
Sustainable Development & Design
Water / Stormwater Management
Health, Safety and Welfare
(1) A brief overview and history of bio-engineered soft and hard armor systems
(2) Introduction to the design approach, considerations, concepts and limits
(3) Examples of fill and cut slope projects
(4) Woody and herbaceous species techniques for shoreline stabilization
(5) Rules that must be followed for success
(6) Lessons learned in 29 years of project experience (in the US)
Ernst Conservation Seeds
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.