Smartscape 101 - Class 3
Open to all that register, registration fee of $95.00 for 8 classes, 20 hours of instruction
The third class in this series is titled "Plant Selection and Installation". This 2.5 hour long course will instruct attendees on the full planting process: from selecting appropriate plant species for specific locations, to choosing healthy plant specimens at the nursery, through preparing the planting site and taking corrective measures when problems arise.
Horticulture / Plants
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Select appropriate plant species for a specific location.
2. Choose healthy plant specimens at the nursery.
3. Prepare the planting site.
4. Transplant nursery stock with minimal damage to the canopy.
5. Take corrective measures with circling roots.
6. Backfill the planting hole and facilitate soil settling.
7. Recognize when staking is necessary.
8. Place stakes in the proper location and install them correctly.
9. Irrigate properly during establishment to minimize stress.
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2019 All rights reserved.