The Future of Shade: Fabric Components in Sustainable Architectural Design
Shade structures are becoming increasingly inherent to the design conversation. As the environment is constantly changing and evolving, our requirements for shade are evolving along with it. This course provides an overview of how fabric is being integrated into architectural designs for exterior shading focusing on design, personal health, and energy efficiency.
Campus Planning & Design
Healthcare & Therapeutic Design
Housing & Community Design
Sustainable Development & Design
Urban Planning & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Discuss innovations and futuristic objectives for using shade structures constructed with fabric in commercial architecture.
2. Explain how shade structures made of fabric can add both appealing design and functionality to building structures.
3. Define the benefits of shade structures for personal health and UV protection.
4. Discuss how the use of textiles in shade structures can positively impact thermal performance and energy efficiency.
5. List LEED® credits to which awnings and solar shades can contribute directly.
Gina B. Wicker
AEC Daily Corporation
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2019 All rights reserved.