Sustainable Sites: Three Case Studies
This presentation provides architects, landscape architects, planners, urban designers, and owners with information on stormwater and site sustainability, which can be used in interviews or when speaking with prospective clients to show that they understand sustainability relative to sites as well as the buildings.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Understand basic terminology regarding sustainable sites, as well as the current standards and strategies used to comply with regulatory requirements for stormwater management.
2. Understand elements of the Sustainable Sites and Water Efficiency LEED Credits.
3. Identify and understand progressive strategies that implement a more "green" or sustainable approach to comply with regulatory requirements and/or LEED certification objectives.
4. Review case studies in which sustainable strategies have been implemented to allow the attendee to develop a level of understanding of where and how various stormwater strategies can be implemented and how these strategies affect the site and building uses.
5. Review case studies where sustainable site stormwater elements become part of the building’s program (to meet research and teaching objectives).
Judith Nitsch and Nicole Holmes
Nitsch Engineering, Inc.
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2019 All rights reserved.