Irrigation Design: How to use proper water efficient irrigation design to enhance planting survivability
This webinar will provide an introduction to the basics of irrigation. It will discuss why irrigation is a necessary part of our everyday life, from crop production to the maintenance of landscapes, explain the components of a typical irrigation system, discuss the need for proper design, installation and maintenance of any irrigation system and provide examples of the consequences of a lack of maintenance on this precious resource.
Water / Stormwater Management
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Participants will be able to define the primary goal of irrigation and its relationship to the hydrologic cycle
2. Participants will be able to Identify the factors that affect Evapotranspiration and how this relates to the amount of water needed by plants for photosynthesis
3. Participants will be able to identify the components of an irrigation system and their function within the irrigation system
4. Participants will be able to describe the considerations that are part of the design of an irrigation system in terms of pressure and flow
5. Participants will be able to identify irrigation maintenance issues that can cause wasted water over time
Val Brandon, Masters of Science: Landscape Architecture and Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.