Sustainable Solutions: Air Pollution (RV-10485)
Welcome to the course Sustainable Solutions: Air Pollution. In this course we will explore the relationship between air pollution and site development. Major pollutant sources and their impacts will be discussed along with strategies for reducing embodied energy and creating favorable microclimates that benefit the site and surrounding area.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the air pollutants that impact and affect our lives
• List and identify the strategies to improve air quality on a building site and surrounding areas
• Describe the materials used to reduce the embodied energy of a site
• Describe and identify the key features of green roofs and walls
• Explain and identify the ways operating energy can be reduced on a site
• Outline the best practice for site maintenance to minimize the release of air pollutants.
Heather L. Venhaus
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.