Off-Grid Solar Lighting: Solutions, Savings, and Sustainability
This session provides an in-depth introduction into the technology and benefits of off-grid solar lighting. The course covers key considerations when selecting a system that is reliable, efficient, and cost-effective.
Campus Planning & Design
Energy Conservation / Renewable Energy
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
- Evaluate the environmental and economic benefits of off-grid solar lighting.
- Discuss how the internal components of solar lighting work, including the solar panel, charge controller, battery, and LED fixture.
- Discuss the most important site factors to be considered when specifying an outdoor solar lighting system: location, aesthetic requirements, operating profile, and light intensity requirements.
- Explain how the components contribute to the overall system performance, longevity, and cost.
- Describe the advantages of off-grid solar lighting as shown by relevant case studies.
AEC Daily Corporation
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2019 All rights reserved.