Sustainable Community Planning Essentials
This course provides an overview of sustainable community design, with a focus on applying the six basic planning principles to integrate buildings into communities, which in turn creates healthy, peaceful, environmentally conscious spaces.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
- Discuss the universal concepts central to sustainable community planning.
- List global stresses affecting communities and their effects on people and the environment, and describe how sustainable community planning responds to these stresses.
- Explain six basic planning principles of a sustainable community.
- Describe the different levels of community development, and explain why each requires different solutions, using Dockside Green as an example.
- Apply the six planning principles to two different sites as a way of demonstrating the importance of local context in interpreting the basic principles.
- Give three examples of buildings that have been integrated into their communities.
AEC Daily Corporation
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.