This course discusses the 2010 ADA Standards specifically related to assembly areas. An existing event space, which meets the 2010 ADA standards, in Colorado is utilized as a case study to illustrate parts of the ADA Standards including: accessible parking, path of travel, ramps, wheelchair spaces, and assistive listening systems. The course discussion takes a methodical look at the standards as the user would experience the site, from parking, travel to their seat, assistive elements for experiencing the event, and design elements to ensure quality user experience.
Accessibility / ADA
Health, Safety and Welfare
- Learn to distinguish the difference between Title II and Title III projects including the required standards for each
- Comprehend the definition of terms used in the Standards including disability, alteration, and path of travel
- Understand the Standards related to new event spaces construction
- Comprehend the maximum slopes for ramps and walking surfaces
- Understand specific dimensional standards such as: turning radius, parking dimensions, and clear ground