Designing for Landscape Architecture
What is the SITES v2 Rating System? Studies have shown that nature has positive effects on people, including increased productivity and a sense of wellness. This course outlines ways to design and integrate landscape architectural elements into a project to benefit the natural environment, without incurring hefty costs to maintain it.
Sustainable Development & Design
Health, Safety and Welfare
1. Identify the integrated nature of green and sustainable landscape design as outlined in the new SITES v2 Rating System.
2. Assess design options for using permeable paving products that contribute to sustainable site design.
3. Describe how geomembranes work in the design of stormwater management and water retention ponds.
4. Explain how thermally modified wood products can positively contribute to both design enhancements and environmental quality.
5. Review sustainable products and materials that are beneficial to landscape architectural design as well as human health and environmental quality.
Elena M. Pascarella, RLA, ASLA
GO HERE TO REGISTER
American Society of Landscape Architects © Copyright 2018 All rights reserved.